Thursday, December 08, 2005

It was a?


It was a dark and stormy night has become a cliché for bad writing. But someone had to come up with it. I can picture them at their desk pondering.

It was raining and dim. No, it was drizzling out and gloomy, No that won’t do either. It was a dark and stormy night - yes that’s it.

And what thanks does he get for his effort? He gets to become known as the person that made the classic example of bad writing.

Hay Bob is that him? Is that that dark and stormy night guy?
Ya, that’s him he couldn’t write himself out of a paper bag.

It’s one thing to actually do something bad and beheld in contempt but quite another to try to do something good and still beheld in contempt.

But I’m thankful for that guy. Just as long as I don’t use that line in anything I write I can stink, but not as bad as him.

No comments: